What does “compostable capsule” mean?
A compostable capsule is one able to disintegrate into natural elements within a compost environment and convert into humus, leaving no toxicity in the soil. This process typically lasts 90 days.
Our Cafféluxe capsules are specifically designed to degrade in the home composting environment.
* Biodegrade in ambient temperature in soil or even marine water.
* use only non-GMO modified raw materials. (The outer barrier pouch and lid are cellulose based and 100%
*CERTIFIED by Vincotte under EU standard EN13432
Our capsules offer a sustainable solution. This is because they are made entirely of raw materials that biodegrade in soil.
Did you know?
- Approximately two BILLION cups of coffee are drunk around the world every day
- Of these billions of cups, one in eight is brewed by a coffee capsule machine
- And of these coffee capsules, most find their way to landfills or incinerators, due to the non-recyclable nature of their aluminium, plastic and paper materials
As you can see from just these three facts alone, the more coffee we enjoy, and the more coffee capsules we use, the more we could be potentially contributing to environmental damage and pollution. It’s for this reason that Cafféluxe has been working tirelessly to perfect environmentally friendly compostable capsules.
While we love coffee, we love the environment too, which is why our innovative compostable coffee capsules have been designed to create as little negative ecological impact as possible. Compliant with the stringent requirements of the EN 13432 standard with regards to chemical composition, biodegradation, disintegration and quality of the final compost and ecotoxicity, all of the materials used to create our unique capsules have been certified by Vinçotte and received the “OK Compost” certification. In this way, Capsule Café together with Cafféluxe is doing its part to create coffee with a conscience, as well as capsules that don’t cost the earth!